Breast Reduction in Hollywood, FL
- 21 November 2013
- Dr. Nidal (Nick) Masri
Women call our Hollywood, FL office requesting a consultation for breast reduction for many reasons. We have compiled our “top ten” reasons below. Be forewarned, some reasons are more serious than others!
1. Back Pain: The number one reason, without a doubt, that women request a breast reduction procedure
at our Hollywood, FL clinic is back pain. Large breasts can affect the body’s biomechanics creating a myriad of structural problems and subsequent pain.
2. Shoulder Grooves: Shoulder grooves are caused by constant pressure applied to the shoulders by bra straps. The larger and heavier the breasts, the deeper the straps dig into the skin, and in fact, scarring from the pressure is common.
3. Physical Activity – Self-explanatory, right?
4. Skin Irritation: A brown skin irritation often occurs along the bra line just under the fold of the breasts. This can often be permanent.
Click Here to Download Your Free Checklist
5. Ugly, Uncomfortable Lingerie: Bras for women with overly large breasts are rarely like the pretty dainty ones advertised in glossy magazines. They come in white, black and beige and are normally way more expensive than bras for the less-endowed woman.
6. Poor Posture: Consider how walking around with an extra ten pounds strapped to your chest affects your spine and surrounding muscles. Gravity pulls you forward and before you know it, you have a rounded back and a slouchy appearance.
7. Feminine Clothing: Strapless dresses, sundresses, spaghetti straps, and tight fitting tops are often avoided by overly large-breasted women. This can make shopping for current fashions and flattering clothing extremely difficult and unpleasant.
8. Being the Punchline: They may be told in jest, but the jokes can be hurtful to women with very big breasts. This can take a toll on self-esteem.
9. Sagging: Over time, gravity is harsh on the elasticity of the skin. With 10-12 extra pounds pulling the skin toward the earth, the breasts lose elasticity and begin to sag much more rapidly in women with larger breasts.
10. Confidence and Self-esteem Studies have shown that women who choose to have a breast reduction tend to lead happy, healthy and fulfilling lives. Self-consciousness disappears and a lightness and freedom takes hold.