A Mommy Makeover: Reclaiming Your Body
- 03 April 2014
- Dr. Nidal (Nick) Masri
Pregnancy: One of life´s greatest blessings and most beautiful miracles. If only women’s bodies would agree with this statement.
Like never before, women today are doing everything they can to quickly shed the baby fat and get back down to their pre-pregnancy size
We see it in the media with almost every celebrity baby that is born. The celebrity mother is back down to their skinny self in no time. Remember Kim Kardashian and all the hype surrounded around her pregnancy and her post-baby body?
The pressure from media and the body conscious style of clothing women wear today truly provides more incentive to lose the pounds that women put on during pregnancies. Clothing today, in comparison to the generation before us, is much more form fitting curve-hugging. But what if pregnancy leaves your breasts sagging and loose? What if your flabby tummy is working against your pencil skirt, leaving you with a “pouch”? These areas are the most targeted areas for post-baby repairs, and with good reason.
Click Here to Download Your Free Checklist
A mommy makeover is a series of surgeries especially designed for women who want their pre-baby body back. This group of surgeries will make surgical adjustments to bring back the flat tummy and the perky breasts you enjoyed before children, and it can take off some of the extra fat that may have accumulated. The mommy makeover usually includes a tummy tuck, breast augmentation, breast lift, and liposuction.
When diet and exercise are not sufficient, a mommy makeover can help bring back your body. But, there are a few things to have established prior to moving forward in the decision to have a mommy makeover:
- As always, diet and exercise should be the first line of action to lose weight. Before having any surgery, establish a desired weight and achieve it.
- Use exercise as a part of your healthy lifestyle. Alternate interval training and resistance training for at least 30 minutes per day.
- Make sure you are practicing healthy eating habits that include appropriate consumption of vitamins and minerals, healthy fats, protein and carbohydrates.
- Restrict your alcohol intake. You should limit yourself to 2-3 alcoholic drinks per week. Alcohol contains a lot of sugar, and should not be a regular part of a weight loss regimen.
- Quit smoking. Smoking not only is unhealthy, but is also a contraindication for surgical procedures. Smokers tend to have more complications in the recovery phase of surgery.
- Have a good support system. A lot of people have conflicting opinions of a mommy makeover. Before you undergo the surgeries, you should know that you have full support waiting for you at home.
- Have a caretaker. A caretaker will be necessary for both you and your children after surgery. During recovery, you will not be able to do heavy lifting or intense cleaning and chores. Your results won’t be the same if you decide to continue your normal activities during the recovery stages.
Although it may have been less of a concern for previous generations, more and more people are looking for ways to get back into their “normal” body after having babies. A mommy makeover is a customized package of surgical procedures to help moms quickly achieve a post-baby body that they can feel great about.